HOW to Install 123 HP Printer Driver & Download By HP Printer Website
The big brand, “Hewlett-Packard” is known as HP Inc. HP Inc is an American multinational information technology company. The headquarter is situated in Palo Alto, California. The company deals with various hardware and software components.
The company was founded by Bill Hewlett and David Packard on 1st January 1939, and started its first production in the line of electronic test equipment. The main product lines of HP company includes personal computing devices, networking products, various software, industry standard servers, related storage devices and a diverse range of printers and other imaging products.
HP sells its services and products to its various users i.e. households, small to medium sized businesses and enterprises as well as via online distribution, consumer-electronics and office-supply retailers, software partners and major technology vendors.
123 HP Offline Printer Setup
Once the error pop up on the screen by stating offline or printer offline then printer stop working. 123 HP offline printer support steps:-
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor as this tool fix the print and scan issues.
- Turn on the Printer you want to trouble shoot.
- Then go to supporthp.com
- Under Product Support, click on “Use HP Printer and Scan Doctor.
- Select Download Now.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen and will ask you a question” is your printer is currently offline”.
- If click yes, then latest version of app will be downloaded to fix the issue.
- If click no, then standard version will be downloaded.
- Once download is complete. Open the file to extract and run the app.
- A pop up screen will appear, click yes/run to allow changes to your computer.
- Then select accept to agree with term and conditions.
- Select start to detect HP printers and scanners connected to your computer through USB cable or network connection.
- Then all detected printers and scanners will be displayed. If your product is not showing on the screen then click “my product is not listed”. The troubleshooting will be perform.
- Select your printer and then select next.
- The tools detect the problem on your PC and connections to prevent the issue.
- The test results will appear by showing their specific icons:-
- A checkmark means your printer has completed the troubleshooting.
- A wrench means a problem has found and is fixed.
- An exclamation mark means a test is skip and fail.
- An X means the printer has faced a problem. Follow the instructions to fix the issue.
123 HP Printer Wireless Support
If you use Wireless printer, then install the software and print driver from the HP website. To install 123 hp wifi printer support, follow few steps:-
- Keep network name (SSID), password (WEP key or WPA security), computer which is connected to your HP printer, broadband internet (recommended for 123 HP Wifi Printers) and USB cable.
- Printer, router, and computer must be turned on.
- Disconnect any USB / ethernet cables from your printer.
- Connect the printer with wifi network. Make sure the computer is connected to the same wireless network. The ways to connect the printer with Wi-Fi Direct are:-
- Connect printer through a wireless network such as from a laptops, tablets, or mobile devices etc.
- Make sure your printer’s wireless network is on. From the mobile device, open Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct menu.
- The list of available networks will display, select the printer name with a prefix DIRECT.
- If prompted, enter the Wi-Fi Direct password. The default password will appear. If the default password will not work then follow the instructions to set the password.
- After the mobile device connects with your printer then open a browser, enter the IP address from the network summary page, and click Enter. An Embedded Web Server (EWS) page will open.
- Click the Networking tab then Wireless Configuration, select the network name (SSID) of your wireless network, enter the security passphrase, and then click Apply.
- Then printer is connected to the router and your mobile device is disconnected from the printer.
- Connect your printer to wireless network with a router which supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Note:- If your router does not support WPS and your printer has an LED or 2-line display then skip to the step to Download and install the printer driver. Steps for the HP Printers with an LED or 2-line display:-
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the wireless button for 2- 3 seconds, and once the wireless light starts blinking then release the button. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Wait for 2- 3 minutes, the wireless light is on and steady.
- Note:- If your router does not support WPS and your printer has a touchscreen display then connect the printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard. Steps for the HP Printers with a touchscreen display:-
- Firstly swipe left from the home screen of the printer control panel and then touch Setup.
- Then Swipe up, and click on Network Setup.
- Then touch Wireless Menu, and choose Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Select Pushbutton, and lastly touch OK.
- Again within two minutes, press the WPS button on the wireless router. Wait for 2- 3 minutes, the wireless light is on and steady.
- The last step is to download and install the print driver.
- For detailed steps, go to the HP Customer Support page i.e. https://support.hp.com and select your printer model to complete the steps.
HP Printer Driver Download / Update
A printer driver is a software which interacts the printer, a peripheral device, and the computer. It converts the data to be in such format that the printer can understand. A printer driver is a program that helps your computer to communicate with a printer which helps to perform functions with printer.
Print driver perform two major functions:-
- Firstly the computer understands the whole details and hardware specifications of printer
- Secondly, driver has the ability to transform print data into a language that the printer can understand.
Print driver are designed according the printer specifications and the driver must be installed on the computer. If the wrong driver is installed, a printer will not even be detected properly by a computer or the printer will not work.
HP offers you on time the updates about the software and driver for smooth functioning of products. For automatic installation of software and drivers, download hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant. If you require the software and drivers which is released in 2013 or after 2013, then visit 123.hp.com printer setup which guides you how to download hp Drivers and software.
Steps to update and download drivers and software:-
- Go to support.hp.com/drivers.
- Then choose the product’s category which requires software and drivers. For example you go for printer.
- Then you need to type your product serial number and click submit.
- If “Let HP Detect your Problem” icon is available then select it and follow the instructions .Otherwise you can type serial number of the product and click submit.
- After submitting if you get search results of various models, select your model from the results.
- Then all available drivers and software for your hp product will be shown on the screen.
- If you want to download drivers or software then select change and choose the specific category of drivers or software for your hp product by clicking plus icon.
- To check details of that driver or software you can see the detail option.
- Then you can click on download, the file will be saved on your computer.
Once the download will be complete, go ahead for installation process.